Drugs are objects or substances that can be used to treat diseases, relieve or eliminate symptoms, while changing chemical processes in the body.
The drug is very useful for those who need it, but what if the medicine needed is too expensive ...?, then can the expensive medicine be bought by those who need it ...?. And here is one of the most expensive drugs in the United States even in the world, which you might not know.
Not long ago, the US Food and Drug Administration passed a rare genetic disease drug called spinal muscular atrophy. This drug is sold for USD 2.125 million. The Zolgensma drug was made by the drug company Novartis from Switzerland.
Zolgensma is now the most expensive drug in the world. The company calls the price of millions of dollars including fair considering the benefits to sufferers. "Zolgensma can open up opportunities for life for children and families affected by these dangerous conditions". He said, CEO of Novartis Vas Narasimhan (Business Insider/ auth)
Long before, Novartis wanted to sell the drug at a price of USD 5 million. Zolgensma can also be repaid five times at an annual price of USD 425 thousand. This most expensive drug is only used once (One time) and works to the genetic level. However, it is not yet known whether his recovery can be permanent.
Spinal Muscular Atrophy is a genetic disease that kills baby children. This disease attacks reflexes and reduces muscle and head control, baby children also cannot sit without help. There are around 10 to 25 thousand sufferers of this disease in the United States.
The main target of the most expensive drug in question is a baby under the age of two years. Novantis estimates that 1,100 patients are ready to buy Zolgensma when the drug is on the market.
Procedures for taking medicine
Professor of the Faculty of Pharmacy, Gadjah Mada University, Zullies Ikawati said that for patients who get drugs, they must take it 3 times a day.
Furthermore, it is advisable to ask the experts for instructions to prescribe the drug in the form of a slow release, or long action, so that the frequency of use can be reduced to once or twice a day.
Besides, it can also ask to replace it with other drugs that still have an effect, and the same mechanism, but has a longer duration of action. (Zullies Personal Blog/ auth)
Take medicine before eating
There are medicines that are good to use before eating, it is because the absorption is better when the stomach is empty. "If the rule is after eating, the medicine can be taken at the time as above, it's just taken about 5-10 minutes after a big mealafter eating means the stomach condition contains food".Said Zullies
The supply of medicines is one of the most useful things at home. By having a drug supply, when we really need it, we don't have to bother buying it out of the house first.
Have enough inventory, but do you already know how to store medicine properly and correctly. Because storing drugs cannot be careless, because it is wrong to store drugs can actually be toxic. In general, how to store drugs is as follows:
1. Follow the storage instructions on the drug label/ packaging
2. Store the drug in the original packaging and in a tightly closed container
3. Keep the medicine at room temperature and avoid being exposed to direct sunlight
4. Do not store the drug in a hot or humid place
5. Do not keep the liquid form medicine in the refrigerator so that it is not frozen, unless it is written on drug etiquette
6. Do not store drugs that have expired or are damaged.
7. Don't leave the drug in the car for a long time. Because in a hot car, and this condition can damage the drug
8. Specific drugs, such as drugs for the vagina and ovules, should be stored in the refrigerator. Because if stored at room temperature, the drug will melt.
9. Medicines for aerosol/ spray preparations, do not store at high temperatures, because they can cause an explosion.
Read Now : When You Sleep Out of Drool, Sign ...?