Eye prosthesis is an artificial eye that is installed for someone who has lost eyes. Fake eyes (Prostheses) can be used by men and women of all ages.
Illness or accident can not only cause a person to lose sight, but also lose his eyeball. This condition can reduce self-confidence due to unusual appearance.
Although it cannot restore vision, false eyes can make the appearance return to normal and restore self-confidence. The fake eye in question is not spherical, but only an outer arch with images of white and black eyes that look real.
Read Now : Technique Eliminates White Spot That Annoying Milk..
Which must be considered before installing false eyes, ie you need to undergo eyeball implants (Orbital implants) first. This aims to fill the eye cavity, then the fake eye can be used.
Orbital implants can be done with synthetic materials or fat grafts that come from the patient own body. To make fake eyes, you can meet the okularis, which is someone who is an expert in making false eyes.
Techniques for Using Fake Eyes Correctly...
After undergoing an eyeball implant and making fake eyes, you can install false eyes independently at home. The installation of false eyes can be done by following the method:
1. Wash hands first.
2. Wash fake eyes with special soap and warm water.
3. Dry fake eyes.
4. Hold the fake eye between the thumb and middle finger, then lift the upper eyelid with the other hand.
5. Insert the top of the false eye into the upper eyelid.
6. Hold the false eye with the index finger, while the other hand pulls the lower eyelid so that the false eye enters the lower eyelid.
In addition to installing it yourself, you can also remove your own fake eyes. In general, removing false eyes can be done in two ways, namely using a suction cup or without a suction cup. For more details as follows:
Without Suck Bowl...
1. Wash hands first.
2. Pull the lower eyelid using the index finger.
3. Look up and the false eye will come out through the lower eyelid.
Using Suck Bowl...
1. Wet the suction bowl first with clean water.
2. Squeeze the handle of the bowl and press the surface of the false eyeball with the mouth of the bowl.
3. Remove the squeeze slowly and make sure the bowl mouth attaches to the false eye.
4. Pull the lower eyelid and remove the false eye through the lower eyelid.
False eyes can also cause allergic reactions and inflammation, especially if the cleanliness is not maintained. Some signs of inflammation that need to be aware of are watery eyes, as well as pain and swelling in the eye area. To prevent inflammation, here's how to treat fake eyes:
1. Fake eye wash once a month with special softener-free and not erosive soap.
2. Fake eyes can be used when sleeping, unless an ophthalmologist provides other instructions.
3. Use a suction bowl when placing or removing fake eyes.
4. Do not remove pairs of false eyes too often.
5. Put lubricant eye drops on the fake eye.
6. Check the fake eye with okularis once a year.
7. Change fake eyes once every five years.
8. Visit the okularis if the fake eyeball feels loose, to adjust it again.
While, specifically children - children are advised more often to check the fake eye to the okularis. This is because, the eye cavity in children is still growing, so fake eyeballs can become loose. Following are recommendations for the right time for examination:
1. For children under 3 years, check 3-4 times a year.
2. Then for children aged 3 years and above, check twice a year.
Maybe you can feel discomfort at the beginning of using fake eyes, but over time you will get used to it. In addition to checking the fake eye to the okularis, you are also recommended to visit an eye specialist as short as 6 months, it is to monitor your eye health. And keep in mind, consult experts who are eye disease specialists if there is inflammation in your eyes. Wish you good health always...
Read Now : When You Sleep Out of Drool, Sign ...?